to comply with the GDPR update to the Data protection Act; Effective from May 2018
The club will adhere to the following principles of the Data Protection Act
• Member Data will be processed and stored securely; on a database in an access controlled area of the club website using encrypted passwords & established DP principles.
• The accuracy of the data will be verified when a new member joins & and will be checked / updated annually at the time of membership renewal.
• The club will only use the data for the purposes described below. The club will not use the data for any marketing purposes or pass on the club data to any third parties outside the sport as listed below.
Member data will be defined as 1 below, & used & shared as follows:-
• When you become a member of Rotherham Harriers & AC we will collect information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, your EA registration number (if one is needed), address, email address, home and mobile telephone numbers and any medical or medicinal information about you that may be needed to ensure your safety.
• When you become a member of, or renew your membership, with Rotherham H&AC you can also choose to be registered as a member of England Athletics (you will have to register with England Athletics if you ever compete for the club and are aged 11 or over). If you consent to this by checking the box on the on line application form, we will provide England Athletics with your personal data which they will use to enable access to an online portal for you (called myAthletics). England Athletics will contact you to invite you to sign into and update your MyAthletics portal (which, amongst other things, allows you to set and amend your privacy settings). If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with England Athletics, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Your data will be shared with club coaches and officers / officials - so they have medical and contact information which may be needed in emergency eg in training or competition
• Your data will be shared with club team managers so they can enter you in club teams for events. We will use email, telephone and SMS to contact adult athletes and/or parents of young athletes
• Your data will be shared with the league administrators for leagues you compete in, County, Area and National competition secretaries / administrators - if you are invited / selected to compete for representative teams.
• Your data will be used for sending out club communications and e-newsletters (The newsletter covers mainly organisational matters; you can however unsubscribe from it at any subsequent time)